Motor Control & Systems
Motor Control and System Design
We are one of the leading repair & service specialists in the UK for DC & AC Drives.
With some of the UK’s best engineers within SES we have experience nearing nearly 60 years. Our experience ranges from 0.5 Amp systems to Twin 12 Pulse 56000Amp 12MW Systems, so we really are able to take on anything.
We are able to specify and install drives to suit all applications and budgets. We have experience of a range of drives used in many different applications.
In recent years we have been involved in projects including
- Extruder DC drives
- Winder DC drives
- Printer DC drives
- Test benches – Gear box test rigs, equipment test rigs, production test rigs
- Conveyor drives
- Crane DC drives
- Fair ground rides
- Spindle drives, aerospace applications, Lathe and milling machine drives
- Rolling mills
- Steel slitting mill
- Tube mill DC drives
- Cut to length applications
- DC drives on underground mine trains
Experienced with Drives From Leading Manufacturers
- SSD (Eurotherm Drives) - now Parker Drives, 545, 546, 590 591, 590P
- Sprint Electric SL SLX PL PLX and entire small drive range
- Siemens 6RA
- Control techniques - KTK DC Drives – M series, 6P series, Mentor Family
- Thorn DC drives. Star drive
- ABB, Telemecanique
AC & DC Drive Support & Repairs
We understand that equipment downtime costs money and needs to be kept to a minimum. For this reason we will focus on returning your equipment to full functionality within the shortest time frame possible.
If the drive is at fault and we cannot return it to working order, then we will suggest a replacement drive and install it.